Saturday, May 7, 2016

Proverbs 31:15

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

Are you a person who is hard to pull from bed??


I AM..

Now for many it means many things.

For me it means that you DON'T talk to me before I have a cup of coffee in my hands.
 

However I know several women who DO NOT get out of bed with their children to get them off to school..

~First thing first..~
This verse says she gives meat to her household..



So AT MINIMUM we ladies need to get up and get the kids fed before school. Right?





I mean we all do know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day..

Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast | Bplans


And no one says it needs to be a 5 course episode.. lol


Shoot I tend to have coffee and a bowl of oatmeal..
And I do it on SUNDAY NIGHT!

So that the next morning I can re-heat it and nuke it.. Because Hey I am not super woman.. I plan a head so I don't have to try to make this while I am a mombie!


This one is my families newest and most favorite of recent history.. And I found it on PINTREST!



Produce

  • 2 cups Berries, fresh

Refrigerated

  • 2 Eggs

Breakfast Foods

  • 3 cups Rolled oats, old fashioned

Baking & Spices

  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
  • 3/4 cup Brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure

Oils & Vinegars

  • 4 tbsp Butter or coconut oil, unsalted

Dairy

  • 2 1/2 cups Milk

  • Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350°F.
  • Butter a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
  • Combine all dry ingredients.
  • Place half the oat mixture in the baking dish, top with half the berries, and then top with the remaining oat mixture.
  • Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Pour over the oats.
  • Top the oats with the remaining berries.
  • Gently shake the baking dish back and forth from side to side to allow the wet mixture to get down into the oats.
  • Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes, until oats are tender, and the mixture is set.
  • Serve immediately with a splash of milk, or cool, then cover and refrigerate to reheat later.
  • Recipe Type: Breakfast
  • Notes
  • If the oatmeal firms up too much after cooling, you can add a little water before reheating it to make it creamy again.
    Flavor variations: You can leave out the berries or replace the berries with sliced bananas and chopped walnuts for banana-nut oatmeal.

This Baked Oatmeal recipe is super easy – a combination of oats, brown sugar, and spices gets placed in a baking dish. A mixture of egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla gets poured over the oats, and then baked. The oats get tender and creamy, and puff up just slightly. You can eat the oatmeal warm straight from the oven, or you can refrigerate it and eat it leftover. I like to serve each portion with a splash of milk.

Here's another Pintrest recipe you can use

Costco Muffin Recipe:

Ladies I know what it is like to have to get a child out the door.


Yes I home school.. But only one of my 2 sons is home schooled. The other child was so stubborn about wanting to be with the other kids.. That after 3 horrific years of trying to bend his will to mine.. I decided rather than he and I ending up hating one another.. It was better that he be allowed to learn there at public school than him willfully and rebelliously refuse to obey me in our home and not learn at all!


Trust me.. This momma's heart had to come to that place through the school of hard knocks..

Yes I beleive in spanking.. and yes he and I tried to use some of that.. But you can only spank a child so often before it becomes abusive..

And I grew up in an abusive home.. I strait up refused to do that to my children.. And after one day speaking to my pastor (Oh how I love that man.. He and his wife have become the sun and moon to me..They have loved me and my family in ways I can't put into words.. Lord do bless them!) and having to admit that our lines had on occasion started to come to close to that line.. I had to make a hard call..


So now I wake up to get one child out the door.. and keep one at home with me.. My youngest is entering Kindergarten Next year.. We've been doing pre-k this year..

No comments:

Post a Comment