Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bad attitudes..Of the MOMMY variety!


Do mommies get bad attitudes??

NO! We want to say... Everything else causes it!! Right?

We so desperately want to hear that it really isn't our fault.. But ALAS...
We too are humans..
WE TOO HAVE SIN NATURES!

Yep.. I went there..

No mommy is an island.. No mommy is perfect..
And I don't know where we get the idea that we have to be..

Maybe it comes from the idea that if we are less than perfect that others will judge us.. often harshly..
But bad news again.. They probably already know our deep dark secret.. You know the one which we try to hide even from ourselves.. You know..
That we are Full of imperfections..
Flaws if you will..

So how can we ever overcome these "Flaws aka Attitudes"

(Php 4:4)  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.  ARE YOU REJOICING.. IN ALL THINGS? Even in the worst situation.. you can rejoice.. God said rejoice.. In that moment you could say Praise God for "Y & Z" He didn't say you had to rejoice in the trial.. although that would help.. I know that is hard though..

(Php 4:5)  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Are you being Moderate? Ex: If your issue that is causing your trial is financial in nature.. Is it due to overspending in one area? If so.. Here's the answer.. be moderate.. Don't spend so much on that dress, don't spend so much on the kids's shoes.. Really No one will die if it isn't a NIKE pair of shoes.. really! I promise!

(Php 4:6)  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Worry about NOTHING.. Worry does nothing but sap your energy, steal your joy and cause you to be STRESSED! So to avoid being this way.. Say many quick little prayers though out the day.. telling God about what it is that is causing this problem.. Asking him to work in that area.. Give it to him and don't try to shoulder that burden... 



(Php 4:7)  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. When you do that... Thanking God for the good.. Praying to him about the bad.. and handing it all to him.. He will give you PEACE! Seriously.. who couldn't use more of that??

(Php 4:8)  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Are your attitude problems because you have a hard time directing your thoughts to the good things? I know I do! I have severe depression and some days getting out of bed is all I can do.. But when I pray, fast and yes... GIVE IT TO JESUS.. Then intentionally sometimes in written form.. write out the good things, the honest things, the just things, the PURE things.. My mind focuses on better things to think on.. (At this point I will also say be careful to have GOOD MUSIC IN YOUR HOME.. Depressed people listening to songs filled with music that isn't uplifting... can contribute hugely to depression!)

(Php 4:9)  Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

(Php 4:10)  But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

(Php 4:11)  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

(Php 4:12)  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

(Php 4:13)  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. God will strengthen you... But you must be part of the solution.. And that includes being in his word!


No comments:

Post a Comment