Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Do you use your children as excuses for why you can't do something?

I hadn't realized how often people use their children as excuses for them either not doing something.. or for why they can't do something..

Then a woman I know mentioned it. 
She said that people often blame others including their children for why they can't commit to something.. or why they can't or didn't keep a commitment.


And I had kind of assumed that she was joking..
Till I started hearing it.. 



I was in line the other day at the grocery store.. And a woman said "Whew.. it has been weeks since I could go grocery shopping.. Having kids sure does make it rough.." And I admit my head kind of did a double take.. 


Mostly as I had my 3 year old and my 11 year old sons with me..Getting WIC as a matter of a fact.. and anyone who has ever tried to get WIC knows that is difficult all on it's own.. Talk about jumping through red tape.. But I am glad for the extra food it affords my family.

I have never really understood the idea that you couldn't take your children with you when you go places..
Honestly I have a policy where if my children aren't welcome someplace.. Then I refuse to go either..



Example: Wedding receptions where no children are wanted..

Frankly My children are part of my family. And if they aren't welcome..then neither am I.


But am I the only one who has never really noticed this phenomenon.. or at least not cognitively?

No comments:

Post a Comment