Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Proverbs 17:17

Today were going to talk about 
Friendship:

Proverbs 17:17 
friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

So what is Friendship?
Friendship is when you LOVE that person.. Even when you dislike what they do.

I currently have a friend who has LOVED ME.. Through alot of different things she didn't like to see in me! She loved me when I lied about her as a teenager. I was so wanting attention that I lied often about other people who I saw as better than me.. BUT Instead of pretending she didn't know me.. or stopping our friendship she showed me that she loved me even though what I did hurt her.. It hurt her reputation many times to be my friend. She Loved me when I was angry and judgmental of her.. and of others to her.. Meaning I gossiped to her about others.. And through all these things she suffered.. Behaviors that weren't right.. Behaviors that were just plain bad charicter on my part.. But you see I grew up in a family like that.. Those things were done.. And I had never really known better. I knew you were supposed to pout on a show of being good in public etc.. but I didn't know how to keep those characteristics of good behavior up for long periods of time

I also am just beginning a relationship with a woman who is having many bad behaviors.. But she needs me to love her through the bad choices.. the ADVERSITIES that will come.. Do I know if I can be as good of a friend to her as my friend has been to me.. No I don't know that.. But I do know I have a good example in my other friend. 

See this is one issue in our society.. If we don't totally agree with someone else's behaviors/actions we just cut them out of our lives.. AND THAT IS WRONG! But especially inside the CHRISTIAN Life.. What about all that Jesus Christ forgave us? Aren't we still supposed to be forgiving others of their transgressions?

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

As a Christian HOW CAN WE walk away from someone? Did their actions against us hurt us as much as our sin against GOD HURT JESUS? If those actions didn't make Jesus leave us in our sin.. How can we not follow his example and be a light to them?

To my dearest friend (You'd kill me to put your name here.. but you know who you are!)Thank you for being a Light into my life.. even when the light didn't seem to be making any difference! It did all sorts of good in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment