Thursday, May 23, 2013

Learning to pray..

Today I am Stressed.. before 8:00 am!
Last night we went to church where a very dear friend of mine did the preaching.. His message..


I have been very LAX.. In my praying.. 
Maybe I am the only one. But I guess it has been my impression that I know God wants me to pray.. But since he is all knowing, All present and know's not only my past but my future.. That since he already know's what I am thinking.. WHY DO I NEED TO TELL HIM WHAT I ALREADY KNOW HE KNOWS!?

But last nights message gave me an insight.
What if God just wants me to tell him what I want so he know's that I really want it..

Example.. When your kid wants a new game.. even if you hear him say so to his friends.. Are you gonna run out and buy it.. Or wait to see if he will actually ask for it?

I know I wait to see if he will ask for it.. Usually I even wait till he has asked a few times.. so I know I won't waste my money/time getting him something that is only a passing desire.. Do you know what I mean?

What if GOD.. IS just like me?
What if God says.. Tonia.. I want you to tell me what you want. I would love to help you.. But if it isn't even important enough to you to to whisper a 5 second prayer.. Why is it important enough for me the creator of everything.. the person responsible for making the heavens move and for the life and death of every soul on earth .. WHY SHOULD I DO ANYTHING..IF YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ENOUGH TO PRAY ABOUT IT?

My thought for the day?
PRAY!

What things have you been assuming God would do for you?
What things do you want God to do for you?

Luke 18:1-6
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 

These were the Scripture Verses my friend preached on.. Are your worries, cares and burdens.. Worth it to you to trouble the Great God of heaven over?



No comments:

Post a Comment