Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Anger 2

Anger...

11A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
Proverbs 29:11



So what is God's words for us today going to tell us?

Well lets look at Proverbs 29:11 first..
A FOOL.... Yepper it said it.. If you say everything that comes to your mind.. Your a fool.

As my pastor will often tell us.. "People now a days are so quickly giving away pieces of their mind that they often don't realize when they no longer have any left..."

And I won't lie I have been very guilty of this. And as this proverb tells us in the second half of the verse we could often save ourselves from reproach and shame if we would just mull over what has been said and what has been done till "afterwards"

Let me give you all an example of a thing that I was guilty of..

This last year's VBS I was really frustrated with one of the women who were running the vbs. She had chosen the theme without ever asking or having a vote done about the upcoming themes.. Assumed so many of us would dedicate hours to getting it ready.. and apparently she had been right because we all did come do just that. 

But then she didn't even bring her kids to the vbs.. and for 4 of the 5 nights hadn't even showed up herself... I was HOT!

And had no reason been offered.. Until last weekend.. 

Last weekend me and everyone at our church learned the real reason she hadn't made it most of the time for the last 2 months.. 

She has cancer.. she had been going through chemo..
And she didn't want to bother us.. 

I had unfairly judged her. 
I had gossiped about how if she didn't want the job why had she bothered..
She had wanted the job.. she was however fighting for her life.. 



But I had failed.. I had failed to show my faith.. I had failed to go to her and find out..
Nope I had assumed evil of her.. and tried, tarred and feathered her and had I been allowed in my assumed righteous anger.. I would have stripped her of a much loved position..



I WAS WRONG!
I HAD NO RIGHT!
And I am deeply ashamed of myself. 

And what's more God had known all along.. 
Had I shut my mouth.. I would have kept myself from much shame.

Lord God.. Help us all to learn to not let Anger give us permission to say, think and do things to one another that is EVIL in your sight!








No comments:

Post a Comment